[Suggestion] Let the configuration values in the Data Managements tab of the Process properties be an expression

Suggestion: I'd like to suggest you update this tab values to an expression, so we can set constant values instead of literal values

All of the other tabs already have their values as expressions.

Reason: I'm having a 'corno job' changing more than 300 processes by hand. If I could change this to a constant, it would be easily changed by the next unfortunate one that needs to update this by just changing one constant.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Agreed, it would be neat to at least be able to set that value to a constant, or an expression that spits out different values per different input priority levels, PV states, etc.  I'm not 100% sure how feasible it is to implement from an Appian Engine perspective (there might be severe limitations into what data could possibly be taken into account), but that doesn't prevent it from being a significant quality-of-life issue.

For your specific case, if it's critical to bulk change in hundreds of process models at once, I'd consider perhaps editing the XML files directly in an exported application package, and re-importing.  This is an extremely unsupported method, and would need to be done very carefully, but I'd consider it worth the extra effort in exchange for saving 5 or 10 hours of manual labor.

Certified Lead Developer

Agreed, it would be neat to at least be able to set that value to a constant, or an expression that spits out different values per different input priority levels, PV states, etc.  I'm not 100% sure how feasible it is to implement from an Appian Engine perspective (there might be severe limitations into what data could possibly be taken into account), but that doesn't prevent it from being a significant quality-of-life issue.

For your specific case, if it's critical to bulk change in hundreds of process models at once, I'd consider perhaps editing the XML files directly in an exported application package, and re-importing.  This is an extremely unsupported method, and would need to be done very carefully, but I'd consider it worth the extra effort in exchange for saving 5 or 10 hours of manual labor.

Children
No Data