How to Extract process variables info from Process model when Instance id is given. how to get the keyvalue pairs of processvariables (pvname:value)

I would like to extract process variables info from an existing process instance with out using using a a!startprocess() function.. Is there any solution for this usecase.

input: processid

output: list of key value pairs of process variables. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • I am trying to create a common process model to send Email . since Dynamic template selection is not available in send email node.

I am creating a rule to do that dynamically. This is working perfectly fine

I want even this to be in more automated way

If a template has three placeholders(###placeholder1###,###placeholder2###, ###placeholder3### ). these three has to be substituted with the respective process variables value automatically using substitute function

For example: placeholder1 with pv!placeholder1.(Note: name of the process variable name equal to name of the placeholder)

I want to compare "placeholder1" with all list of Process variable name of current PM instance {pv!placeholder1,pv!placeholder2,pv!placeholder3} if it matches fetch the value of respective process variables and substitute.

Please let me know if this can be possible in appian.

• I am sure this is somehow possible. But I would not go that way. My recommendation is to not create overly reusable or commonalized objects in Appian. The reason is that the tradeoff of complexity and issues in maintainability are not worth the effort most of the time.