Hi, I was going through Exception Handling described in

Hi,
I was going through Exception Handling described in forum.appian.com/.../Handling_Process_Exceptions. Is there a way we can catch an expression in a process similar to try..catch?

Say, an error occurs in 'Write To Datastore' smart service call. By default, the process fails and the configured recipients are notified. Instead, is there a way we can catch the exception and maybe retry. Catching exception will also allow the process to close graciously by presenting "An error has occurred. Pls try again later or contact Customer Support at XXX-XXX-XXXX" to user instead of just closing abruptly.

Any ideas?...

OriginalPostID-102584

OriginalPostID-102584

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would suggest two work around approaches as below,

1. you can set Exception Timer on node, let say set it for 10 minute, attach a script task as link to your exception which update your boolean variable (E.g blErrorOccured) as true and link this script task to your user input task. On user input task, you can easy show message base on value of your set variable (ri!blErrorOccured).  

2. You can add AND gate after start event and wait till some time, like 2 or 3 hour (more than usual time your process takes to complete), if your process don't complete in that time frame, it means some error has occurred, you can display an interface with proper message. 

Regards,

Simple Shah

•  - 

I don't recommend an exception timer for error handling on a specific task. 
    It's not reliable. 
    More detail on this position is in this post

Reply Children
No Data