Persistent tp!id after cancel.

Certified Senior Developer

Hi.

I currently have a requirement to allow the canceling of a UI task while keeping tp!id the same.

Basically the equivalent to exiting out of the window and coming back to it later.

Is there a way to do this with a button labeled cancel within my PM or interface?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Is right. Think of a task in Appian as a business task, but not a technical one. A business task can not be cancelled. It must have some sort of outcome to continue the process.

In Appian by default, you just navigate away to leave the task UI. If you want to make that more explicit to the user, create a link which points to the task list.

I do not recommend that, because creating you own navigation metaphors will collide with the navigation concepts in Appian sooner or later.

Certified Lead Developer

Is right. Think of a task in Appian as a business task, but not a technical one. A business task can not be cancelled. It must have some sort of outcome to continue the process.

In Appian by default, you just navigate away to leave the task UI. If you want to make that more explicit to the user, create a link which points to the task list.

I do not recommend that, because creating you own navigation metaphors will collide with the navigation concepts in Appian sooner or later.

Children
No Data