XOR Gateway Not Saving Condition Result Pathway

I am doing the Acme Auto Exercise for the Appian Developer coursework and am having some issues saving configuring the XOR gateways to save the condition pathways.

The instructions as listed under "Appian Step-by-Step #9":

1. Configure the Cancel XOR Gateway

In this process, if a Mechanic cancels the start form, the process will end. If a Mechanic submits the form, the process will continue to the next process node. Follow the steps below to configure the Cancel? gateway.

1. Drag and drop an XOR Gateway into the Maintenance swimlane to the right of the Start Node. Rename it to Cancel?

2. Drag and drop an End Event into the Maintenance swimlane above Cancel?. Rename it to End - Cancel. Connect the Cancel? and End - Cancel nodes.

To connect, hold down SHIFT on your keyboard, and then click from one node to another. SHIFT will automatically toggle your pointer to the connector tool. You can also

use the Connect icon to connect the nodes.

3. Drag and drop an XOR Gateway into the Maintenance swimlane to the right of Cancel?

Rename it to Scheduled?

4. Double-click the Cancel? gateway, and navigate to the Decision tab.

1. Click the New Condition button, and then click the Expression Editor icon next to the first condition. Select the cancel process variable from the Data tab, or simply type pv!cancel. Click Save and Close.

2. For the first condition, select End - Cancel in the Result column. Put Yes in the Path Label column.

3. For the second condition, select Scheduled? in the Result column.

4. Click OK. Add the label Yes to the connector leading from Cancel? to End - Cancel, and the label No to the connector leading from Cancel? to Scheduled? To add labels, right-click each individual connector, and select Add Label.

5. Click File > Save & Publish.

I follow the instructions exactly, click okay, and then get errors for each of the XOR Gateways I've tried to configure - "Activity Class [name of XOR Gateway] on node XOR contains a rule that goes to a node that it has no path to."

I get this error for each of the XOR gateways I try to configure and am unable to run the process as a result. The condition result stays selected for "Else if no rules are TRUE" but for any condition I create, the result selection unselects after clicking OK. 

Any ideas what is causing this? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible