Run a scheduler for each row of the Master table

I have a requirement where I have to update a particular field of all the rows of an existing table(Master Table). An API will be called with the PK of the table and the based on the response, data will be stored in the field. And this will be a scheduler which will run daily.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This is a broad question and without contextual information it's impossible to answer so I'll ask a few questions to hopefully narrow down what you're looking for.

Are you looking for a high level solution design for this problem or the literal nuts and bolts of how to generate a scheduled process model and have it retrieve data from the data base and call an API?

• This is a broad question and without contextual information it's impossible to answer so I'll ask a few questions to hopefully narrow down what you're looking for.

Are you looking for a high level solution design for this problem or the literal nuts and bolts of how to generate a scheduled process model and have it retrieve data from the data base and call an API?

Children
  • I am looking for a high level solution to this problem.

1. So the PK from the Master Table will be used in the API request. Is this API request singular or can it be batched?
    2. This second question may not make sense (depends on the exact use case) but is adding rows to the Master Table in scope of what you are asking here? For example, if this Master Table is user data from a HR system it would need to be updated as new staff are onboarded.
    3. What is the frequency of the updates? (Daily, weekly, monthly etc)
    4. Is it guaranteed that the `particular field` in the Master Table will need updating every time you call the API or is it a check to see if it's changed and if so, then it is updated? If it isn't guaranteed can you guesstimate the frequency that updates will occur (Just an order of magnitude, such as 0.1%, 1%, 10%, 50%, 80%)
    5. Is there only one field being updated in the Master Table?