Error in using complete task for attended node

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I am not able to complete a task that is created for any attended node by using the a!completeTask smart service from a web api. I am able to successfully complete any user input tasks but not any attended task for any other process nodes. I can complete the same task successfully from Tempo. Also I have used the same assignment group for the user input task and the attended node.

Did anybody else face this issue in 21.4? Or is there any other workaround.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When you say you're not able to complete the task, what do you mean? Is the node pausing by exception (and if so what is the error)? Or is the node completing but nothing happens to the task? Did you also try to run the node as an administrator?

in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi Peter,

The node runs fine when I run the process as admin. I am using the a!completeTask smart service from a web api to complete this task. This is when I am hitting the issue where a!completeTask is failing with an error message “???error.accepted.alertMsg???”?

If I try to complete a user input task with the same assignees in the same process model using the a!completeTask from the same web api then user input task is getting completed successfully. Only issue is with any attended node and I have repeated this with multiple nodes making them attended from assignment.

Appian Employee
    in reply to Saugato

Wait a sec, what do you mean "Only issue is with any attended node" - are you trying to make something other than a User Input Task an attended node? As far as I know, the a!completeTask() smart service only works for user input tasks.

in reply to Peter Lewis

Yes that is correct. I have made a node which is not a user input task as an attended node. The process works fine when I work on the task created from this attended node using Tempo. But the same task does not get completed if I try using the a!completeTask. So if I understand your response correctly a!completeTask works only for tasks created from user input tasks and not any other attended nodes. Wanted to check if the option to extend this capability for all attended tasks can be considered for future enhancments

Appian Employee
    in reply to Saugato

Yeah I'm pretty sure a!completeTask() only applies to user input tasks. Just curious - what is the type of node you're trying to run as attended? I actually didn't think other nodes worked as attended (outside of portal), but I might be forgetting a relevant use case.

in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi Peter,

I was initially trying this with a custom plugin node (Calendar IO Import Calendar). However I also tried this with Call Integration node. For both observerd the exact same behaviour when I made them attended.

Both worked fine when I complete the task from Tempo and flow completes successfuly. However if I try to use a!completeTask from web api to complete these tasks I get the error in executing a!completeTask

in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi Peter,

I was initially trying this with a custom plugin node (Calendar IO Import Calendar). However I also tried this with Call Integration node. For both observerd the exact same behaviour when I made them attended.

Both worked fine when I complete the task from Tempo and flow completes successfuly. However if I try to use a!completeTask from web api to complete these tasks I get the error in executing a!completeTask

Children