Saving an email directly, without parsing it

A Score Level 1

Hello,

I have a use case where we need to store the email directly on a service like S3, without parsing.

I'm trying to come up with a solution for this and I was wondering if the Receive Message Event allows capturing the .msg file to store it. Our use case will imply some kind of parsing (e.g, body, from, etc.) but we also need to come up with something that allows us to store the raw data.

I already explored some options in AppMarket but couldn't come up with a clear solution for this.

The event only seems to allow some kind of manipulation with the data and that's OK for us, but we also need the raw information.

What can we use to achieve this solution?

Kind regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Marta,
    do you try to implement a kind of webservice for receiving it or a mail service which can archive the received mail afterwards?
    My first idea was:
    offer a web-api and transfer the mail as "document" and store the document accordingly
    Or are you after the raw data, which is in the msg file itself?

• Hi Richard,

I'm after the raw data because the client is asking that, before any kind of parsing, we need to safely store the raw email with all its contents (.msg file) in S3.

The problem is that, from my investigation, Appian parses the contents of the email right after it reaches the Process Model, only allowing us to parse the elements (e.g, body, recipients, attachments, etc.) not the raw email itself (.msg), which is kinda what we're trying to achieve.

• Hi Richard,

I'm after the raw data because the client is asking that, before any kind of parsing, we need to safely store the raw email with all its contents (.msg file) in S3.

The problem is that, from my investigation, Appian parses the contents of the email right after it reaches the Process Model, only allowing us to parse the elements (e.g, body, recipients, attachments, etc.) not the raw email itself (.msg), which is kinda what we're trying to achieve.

Children