I know I have asked this question in the past. I just had our manager in charg

I know I have asked this question in the past. I just had our manager in charge of BPM ask me why the "New Task" email does not have more information on it. We have requested that more information is part of this email like add a title, description, assigned to and due date to the task. These could be common elements that should be required for all tasks unless configured otherwise.

In researching I see some suggestions are to completely stop the system message and then add a send mail node in the process for each task. I did not fully read the document to know if you were still able to get the task ID to be added in the email so that when someone clicks the link it will open the task. I could think of a way to get information, but, it would be a huge amount of work to bypass the auto system email.

I did not know if creating a new thread was good or just add more comments to the existing thread.

Here is the thread I found on this topi...

OriginalPostID-104560

OriginalPostID-104560

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I was not indicating have a input task be automated. You said you turned off the alerts. We never did that. We prefer the alerts. I was trying to give you a method I could think of where you could get the task ID for the active task. You could then do a send mail with the task ID. I would not do this because you would have to do this for every task. It would add nodes to the process. I should let Appian respond. I am only causing you confusion.
  • I was not indicating have a input task be automated. You said you turned off the alerts. We never did that. We prefer the alerts. I was trying to give you a method I could think of where you could get the task ID for the active task. You could then do a send mail with the task ID. I would not do this because you would have to do this for every task. It would add nodes to the process. I should let Appian respond. I am only causing you confusion.
Children
No Data