Please add again the pv/tp/ac inside the expression editor of processes

Certified Senior Developer

Hi team,

please I hope that in the next release the engineer team will add again the selection of the process variable, task properties and activities class in the new expression editor because for designer is very useful to select instead of writing them and in addition this behaviour go in the opposite direction of the low-code and drag-and-drop message.

As an example selecting the pv name directly instead of writing pv! and try to remember the correct pv name is more faster and easy

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Agreed, and I'd been considering writing my own post to the same effect for some time now, but was putting it off.  There was too great a value in having a handy (and clickable) PV reference on the left pane for it to just disappear.  I do love the expanded editor window but I'd hope to have that but keep a left pane (to whatever extent possible) at least showing our PVs - especially handy when needing a quick reference for CDT types and their sub elements.  These are available at least to some extent in auto-complete suggestions but sometimes I just need a quick reference and don't feel like "hunting" by typing various things just to see what the autocomplete suggests.

As an aside: is anyone else sorely disappointed that "single row" expressions still collapse down to flattened single-row text when saved&closed, in spite of the enhanced expression editor?  It seems like that should have been updated years ago, by now.

Certified Lead Developer

Agreed, and I'd been considering writing my own post to the same effect for some time now, but was putting it off.  There was too great a value in having a handy (and clickable) PV reference on the left pane for it to just disappear.  I do love the expanded editor window but I'd hope to have that but keep a left pane (to whatever extent possible) at least showing our PVs - especially handy when needing a quick reference for CDT types and their sub elements.  These are available at least to some extent in auto-complete suggestions but sometimes I just need a quick reference and don't feel like "hunting" by typing various things just to see what the autocomplete suggests.

As an aside: is anyone else sorely disappointed that "single row" expressions still collapse down to flattened single-row text when saved&closed, in spite of the enhanced expression editor?  It seems like that should have been updated years ago, by now.

Children