When a script task executes is it running Asynchronously or Synchronously?

When a script task executes is it running Asynchronously or Synchronously?
I am asking because I recently encountered an issue with a query rule which was set as the output of a script task. It was not delievering results back to the process. Since I knew there were values which should return I moved the rule to the output of the attended task. This worked results are returned. So hence my question, I was have always assumed all nodes run synchronously unless you are handling a call for sub proc.
Not really sure why the script task would complete without delivering output unless script tasks only have a set amount of time to deliver. This behaviour was witnessed in a 6.5.3 build so I suspect it may not apply to newer 7 builds....

OriginalPostID-105215

OriginalPostID-105215

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yeah I thought as much. Just wanted it confirmed really. Looks like this is some sort of race condition where in cases with large data sets the output fails to write to pv within the a lotted time for the script task execution. The process moves on without it leaving the pv unpopulated. As I said I seem to have resolved the output issue so more of a reference point really.
    Thanks, James
  • Yeah I thought as much. Just wanted it confirmed really. Looks like this is some sort of race condition where in cases with large data sets the output fails to write to pv within the a lotted time for the script task execution. The process moves on without it leaving the pv unpopulated. As I said I seem to have resolved the output issue so more of a reference point really.
    Thanks, James
Children
No Data