Send message

Certified Associate Developer

Hello ,

I am confused with the sending of messages. I want to send a message to a specific instance, I don't want to send a message to all instances of a process model. The only way I found is creating a condition in which I evaluate if the instance that I pass as a parameter is the instance that I want to receive the message.

For me this is not very efficient because all active instances will evaluate that condition to determine if the message is equal to the current instance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • So whilst you have to configure a "listener" (receive message) in the process model (so that all instances can receive a message) you can send a message to a specific instance. You do this by determining the target ProcessId. In order to get the instance ProcessId you need to create a process Report, and your process that sends the message needs to have a value that is unique to your target process instance that is visible to the process report - e.g. a unique business value.

• So whilst you have to configure a "listener" (receive message) in the process model (so that all instances can receive a message) you can send a message to a specific instance. You do this by determining the target ProcessId. In order to get the instance ProcessId you need to create a process Report, and your process that sends the message needs to have a value that is unique to your target process instance that is visible to the process report - e.g. a unique business value.

Children
No Data