How to assign a sub-process to a specific user without creating a task

Hello,

I need to call a sub-process and assign it to a specific user (I will need the user to be the initiator of the sub-process) BUT I don't want it to be a task as suggest in the "Assignment" tab of a sub-process.

Is there another way to pass the user as a parameter without assigning it as a task?

Thanks in advance

Lionel

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You can't "assign" a subprocess.  The "initiated by" value is rather unflexible as far as I've ever seen - it can either be the initiator of the parent instance, OR the publisher of the process model (which should always be a service account these days).  Pretty much the only option I can think of here is passing the user as a parameter into the subprocess and doing whatever you can with that value.

What is your use case behind wanting the subprocess to be assigned but not have the assignment be a task?

• Thanks for your answer Mike. Unfortunately I have the same conclusion.

To summarize, my sub-process will create documents in Sharepoint via an API, and to manage the rights on these documents I need to specify who is the creator of the documents (Sharepoint side). With my current architecture, the process initiator is considered the creator of the document in Sharepoint. I can't pass it as a parameter.

Reply Children