Counter what's the best expression to use

Hey all, 

I am trying to have a loop where a counter is increased once per day ( with a timer set to tat interval ). So when the 2nd task is activated, I would be able to subtract that counter from the max of 12 days. 

Im quite new in Appian, and I would to know what expression, or how should I configure in order for this to work.

1) created a new variable

2) setup a timer event. Do I need some extra configuration here?

3) on the script task the configuration ( i want to start from 0 days ?)

What the best way to configure it ? is it that correct ?

Kind Regards, 

Victoria

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I really think we may be encountering the X Y Problem; thank you Peter Lewis once again for this insight.  Let's take a step back from your planned implementation and not just solve the implementation, but solve the underlying problem.

What is your business problem?  It sounds like your business problem is that you want to have the task automatically reject if no one picks up the task for 12 days.  There's a very simple way to do that which is built into tasks themselves.  It's called an Exception.  In your case, if you're trying to do what I think you're trying to do, you would simply set up a timer expression, and tell the task to move on after 12 days.

Please see if this is helpful:  https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/22.1/Process_Node_and_Smart_Service_Properties.html#exceptions-tab

If not, you can provide more details of what you're ultimately trying to achieve, and we might have an even better approach to the problem.

Certified Lead Developer

I really think we may be encountering the X Y Problem; thank you Peter Lewis once again for this insight.  Let's take a step back from your planned implementation and not just solve the implementation, but solve the underlying problem.

What is your business problem?  It sounds like your business problem is that you want to have the task automatically reject if no one picks up the task for 12 days.  There's a very simple way to do that which is built into tasks themselves.  It's called an Exception.  In your case, if you're trying to do what I think you're trying to do, you would simply set up a timer expression, and tell the task to move on after 12 days.

Please see if this is helpful:  https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/22.1/Process_Node_and_Smart_Service_Properties.html#exceptions-tab

If not, you can provide more details of what you're ultimately trying to achieve, and we might have an even better approach to the problem.

Children