User Input Task

Certified Associate Developer

Hey Guys,

I have a process model where employees can submit a request. The submitted request gets either approved by the manager or employees can cancel the request prior to it being accepted by the manager.

For this, I have two user input tasks with the OR gateway where, once the request is submitted it will go on both employees as they can either cancel or not, and to the manager to accept the task. Now, I want to

automatically cancel one user input task as another gets executed. Is there any way, it can be configured in the process model.

Thank you,

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sanjayg935

Agreed with what Naresh suggested.

To add further detail: if the intent is to have the original user get a standing task where they can cancel their request any time prior to an approval, but once an approval is submitted the cancellation task ends...

You would want to have an AND gateway leading to both tasks (one for the original requestor and one for the approver).  The requestor's task, if they go ahead with a cancellation of their request, should lead to a TERMINATE node as Naresh already illustrated.  Meanwhile, the approval task can save a value (i.e. a value of "true" is stored in "pv!isApproved"), and you can configure an exception on the "cancel" task to skip past it (to a NON-terminate end node) once the approval task is completed.  That would look something like this:

Children