how to schedule a process model from database insert or update

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Folks,

How can I schedule/ trigger my process model so that it will start on a row insert or update in da custom database table.

Regards,

Ghanashyam

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The question is where is the data being written from?  If it's being written from Appian itself, then have Appian kick off a process immediately after it does the write.  If the data is coming from salesforce or similar, you can configure that system to call Appian API or send email to Appian to start a process when it does a write.

I agree that it's an anti-pattern to put business logic into your data container.  The trigger doesn't need to be IN the database to be a trigger.

Certified Lead Developer

The question is where is the data being written from?  If it's being written from Appian itself, then have Appian kick off a process immediately after it does the write.  If the data is coming from salesforce or similar, you can configure that system to call Appian API or send email to Appian to start a process when it does a write.

I agree that it's an anti-pattern to put business logic into your data container.  The trigger doesn't need to be IN the database to be a trigger.

Children
No Data