Hello, I'm using getgroupbyname function on a process BUT I've a problem

Hello, I'm using getgroupbyname function on a process BUT I've a problem because it doesn't works.
I created a list of Group ListGrp_txt (text type) and into a smarth node output I'm using getgroupbyname(pv!ListGrp_txt) and save in append to ListGrp_grp (group type). In this node I used the MNI for cycling to all ListGrp_txt values.

The problem is that I'm not receiving output data. :(

Anyone can help me?...

OriginalPostID-105799

OriginalPostID-105799

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1. You're right, the getgroupbyname() function only takes one group name at a time.
    2. If you are on Appian 7.0 AND NEWER try this instead:
    ---> Remove the MNI
    ----> Create a custom output mapped to pv!ListGrp_grp (Make sure this is of type Multiple-Group)
    ----> The custom output should read (Make sure pv!ListGrp_txt ss of type Multiple-Text)

=apply(fn!getGroupByName,pv!ListGrp_txt)

3. It could be that pv!ListGrp_txt is NOT of type multiple; in that case you either make it multiple or you split the array:

=apply(fn!getGroupByName,split(pv!ListGrp_txt,";"))
  • 1. You're right, the getgroupbyname() function only takes one group name at a time.
    2. If you are on Appian 7.0 AND NEWER try this instead:
    ---> Remove the MNI
    ----> Create a custom output mapped to pv!ListGrp_grp (Make sure this is of type Multiple-Group)
    ----> The custom output should read (Make sure pv!ListGrp_txt ss of type Multiple-Text)

=apply(fn!getGroupByName,pv!ListGrp_txt)

3. It could be that pv!ListGrp_txt is NOT of type multiple; in that case you either make it multiple or you split the array:

=apply(fn!getGroupByName,split(pv!ListGrp_txt,";"))
Children
No Data