#Grid#show-when condition I have a grid with a required field in a User Inp

#Grid#show-when condition
I have a grid with a required field in a User Input node. I have a show-when condition on the grid. Appian allows me to submit the form with a null value in the grid. However, If there is now show-when condition on the grid, Appian does not allow me to submit the form with a null value in the grid.
Why does the show-when condition impact the functionality of a grid with a required field?
I now have to use extra nodes to check if the process variable in the grid is null after the form is submitted....

test.zip

OriginalPostID-105808

OriginalPostID-105808

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    If a condition hides the field then it will not be rendered at all at runtime and therefore the required condition doesn't exist in the form. If you still want the required condition to apply even when the grid isn't visible you can use FormAPI.hide/show in the onLoad event - this way the grid is rendered in the form.
    Certified Lead Developer
    If a condition hides the field then it will not be rendered at all at runtime and therefore the required condition doesn't exist in the form. If you still want the required condition to apply even when the grid isn't visible you can use FormAPI.hide/show in the onLoad event - this way the grid is rendered in the form.
Children
No Data