Auto accept task ,user input task , process

Certified Senior Developer

How to have a user input task auto accepted when user opens it?? I do see a old thread for this similar use case but it was old and the feature wasn't available then. I understand the intention behind users having to accept a task but there should be a provision for developers to decide the behavior based on use case.  As having users to manually accept a task encourage s them to cherry pick a easier task and leave harder ones which requires more actions.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

To implement this you need to implement database task approach. To do this

• You need to create process with start form
    • Once user submits the request write next assignment details to you DB table(Task table) then end your process
    • In reviewer dashboard provide a read-only grid by querying this task assignment details
    • In side this task grid use a start process link for your task name
    • When user click on the link first update your task table with this user details for assignee column 
    • After writing assignment details provide a user input task (with activity chaining) for that user to complete that task.

Hope this helps for your use case

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Naresh

Thank you Naresh, our tasks are process backed and not exactly a Database Task, so i guess its not an option?

Reply Children