How to send daily reminder to user.

I have user case that we need to run one process where we need to send daily emails/message at same time to users who has  due date of paying policy in very next day . How should i do it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are a couple of ways to achieve this. The simplest way is to assign a User Input Task (UIT) to the User and then user the "Escalations" on the UIT to send the reminders. Before you actually do this I would recommend you define and agree an "Work Management Pattern" e.g. "3 strikes and you're out" where you Escalate once, then Escalate again, and then Escalate once more, and the re-assign the Task to a Manager.

I say this is the simplest way...but it comes at a cost. Because you have a Task (which is sitting in an active process) this will occupy memory. If you have a very large number of these then your environment might be subjected to memory resource issues.

An alternative pattern is to have a database record act as a Task. These are then instantiated into a Process "on demand" (i.e. when a User clicks on a link or an action). You can then have a single process that runs periodically (e.g every night) that examines all the open Tasks in the database and determines which need a reminder sent. You'd then send the reminder as an email.

• But there are like many member who must have due date is next day. So like i will send the reminder to those member as there is no requirement of user input task

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to pd0001

Then run a process every morning which sends out the necessary reminder emails.

Reply Children
No Data