Process Status

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

I have a scenario that, When a new request have been added it needs to change the satus as submitted later it should change to assigned and at last accept or deny depending on the person.

My question was how can we store assigned status within the variable.

Thanks & Regards,

Saidivya Minna.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi stefan,

I want to make the user to know in which stage the application running. Basically ,if user completes form the status should be submitted ,later task assigned to the groups ,so status will be like assigned after  approved or rejected by supervisor It should show the same.

Thanks

Saidvya Minna

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Divya

I am not really sure I understand what you mean.

But, with Appian, we build process driven applications in which assigning a task to people is just standard. To make these status visible to users, you would use process reports. Now, when you talk about the status of a case, this does not directly correlate with an active process instance or an assigned task, so this will be maintained in DB and displayed on a record dashboard.

May I ask for your experience with Appian. The academy and tutorials should help you in designing a solution.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Divya

As Stefan mentioned your question is not clear in terms of what you are expecting. If you are looking task status you can leverage Appian out of the box task report to find what is the current state of that task. But if you are looking for submitted request status you need to save those status value in your request/case table base don the user actions in each stage.