Write to data store entity in a!startprocessmodel()

Certified Associate Developer

Hello!

I have a doubt that i can't quite solve yet, so posting it may let me solve it faster

I've followed an Appian advice in a way to download an Excel that has been exported from a Data Store Entity (something similar to this https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/22.1/Export_To_Excel_Smart_Service.html)

I've "been able" (finding performance problems, I guess due to the table size) to clean the data store entity before writing on it once again. However, I have 4 rich texts, one for each function (clean the DSE,

write to DSE, export DSE to Excel, download Excel).

I want to reduce the number of clicks needed to do so, so I thought on using a!startprocessmodel() to reduce the first 3 rich texts to just one (so I'd have 2 in total). The thing is, I'm struggling on the Write to DSE node due to not knowing how to configure it nor how to properly write the input variables to the process.

If you could help me do that or even reducing those 2 buttons to just 1 (I guess it would maybe be a download link of the process model output document?) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Francisco

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

It seems like your issue is around "I'm struggling on the Write to DSE node due to not knowing how to configure it nor how to properly write the input variables to the process."

I suggest to do some testing with a more simple example to understand how to configure the node. Follow the documentation and tutorials to get an idea of how to do that.

The Write to DSE node takes a list of CDT items you have stored in the process or generate using an expression.

Certified Lead Developer

It seems like your issue is around "I'm struggling on the Write to DSE node due to not knowing how to configure it nor how to properly write the input variables to the process."

I suggest to do some testing with a more simple example to understand how to configure the node. Follow the documentation and tutorials to get an idea of how to do that.

The Write to DSE node takes a list of CDT items you have stored in the process or generate using an expression.

Children