Send email

Certified Senior Developer

So I've been configuring a send e-mail node and for some reason it wouldn't send out an e-mail. The node wouldn't error out, but no e-mails were getting sent out. It was driving me crazy until on a whim I decided to remove the variable I had sitting in the subject line to make it dynamic and suddenly it works perfectly. So the e-mail only seems to get sent as long as I don't put an expression of any sort other than a literal string in that subject line. Is this a bug, or is this expected behavior? Assuming it's a bug, can we get it fixed? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I've always used expressionable subject lines.  Perhaps it was something else quirky in your implementation?  Can you try a simplified expression and see if it still breaks?  Maybe (just for craps and grins) try wrapping the expression in "toString()" to make sure there's no funky data type conflict happening?  Can you share a screenshot of your nonworking configuration here?

in reply to Mike Schmitt

It didn't put in anything particularly special. Just variables/constants containing text. First I tried this:

= cons!constantname & "subject stuff" (the constant being plain text that changes from environment to environment)

Then I tried assigning the value of said constant to a pv with something like this:

= pv!constantname & "subject stuff"

finally I just assigned everything to the pv and made the expression:

=pv!subjectLine

None of those worked until I made the expression:

="subject stuff"

in reply to Mike Schmitt

It didn't put in anything particularly special. Just variables/constants containing text. First I tried this:

= cons!constantname & "subject stuff" (the constant being plain text that changes from environment to environment)

Then I tried assigning the value of said constant to a pv with something like this:

= pv!constantname & "subject stuff"

finally I just assigned everything to the pv and made the expression:

=pv!subjectLine

None of those worked until I made the expression:

="subject stuff"

Children