How to get PV! value to the SAIL form

Hi,
I have a process model where I have a value in a pv! variable.

Now, I would like to send pv! variable value to the SAIL form from where I triggered the Process Model.

Can someone give me a clue to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You will need to configure this as a Rule Input on your SAIL Interface.  If this is a Start Form, you can define the PV as the Rule Input value in the Process Model Properties -> Process Start Form tab, or on the User Input task's Forms tab for other interfaces.

• Hi,

I am using linkField and startProcessLink to call a process model. In the process model I am generating the document using docs from template. I am storing the filename in the pv! variable.

Now, can I get the pv! value into the ri! which is there in my SAIL form?

a!linkField(
    label: "",
    links: {a!startProcessLink()}
    )

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Rao2022

You can't do this with a!startProcessLink(), but you can do it with a!startProcess() (for an unattended process flow).

As far as I've ever seen, the data flow into "startProcessLink" is one-way only.  That's primarily because the usage pattern is that the link takes you *away from* your original interface, and when the process is done, that interface is loaded again from scratch.  

This is different from a!startProcess(), which starts an asynchronous process instance but allows you to stay on your present interface with all values and variables in-tact.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike,

Like the above requirement, I need values to get passed back to my UI but the difference is I need to submit only the sub interface to upload files to my appian folder but not the main interface, that's why I need to use the startprocesslink to display sub interface but I cannot pass the pvs back to UI using startprocesslink

and I cannot use startprocess as I have to use sub interface as processtartform to submit the subinterface.

Could you give any other suggestion to achieve this ? 

Thanks in advance.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to keerthib111

I'd say this use case doesn't really match the Start Process Link and its functionality.  If you need to submit some documents early before the rest of the form is submitted, the general best way I've found to do this is to build a special submit button that loops back to the task right afterwards.

Reply Children