Process Model - Document generation

Hi,

What might be the best approach to generate a PDF document in Appian using process model smart services.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Rao2022

AFAIK the PDF from HTML smart service is only (or at least mainly) used for creating a text-based PDF using fundamental HTML text formatting.  An image link in the source HTML file would not be interpreted into the resulting PDF as anything particularly useful - by default I'd guess it might just be ignored outright, that or you'd just see whatever HTML placeholder was there for the image. Remember that typical HTML files don't "store" images whatsoever, they merely link to images hosted elsewhere.  (I know there are exceptions where an HTML might store an image file encoded in base64 - this would be an interesting experiment, but I don't have any expectation that the Appian smart service would even be looking for this, much less interpret it correctly.)

I'm unaware of any supported way to force this smart service to incorporate images into the output PDF, though there may be others here with more experience there, who may know of additional tricks or work-arounds.

Children