Permissions issue using the "Move document" service

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

We have a process that contains a "Move document" service and for a given user the process raised this error (in Production) :

The user does not have enough permissions to move the document.

- The user belongs to the admininstrator group so I don't know where else to look to find the explanation.

- The process belongs to usual 2 groups : Admins : Admin, and All users : Viewer.

- The sub-folder has been created with success.

Any other idea ?

(We have another process that does almost the same action but without any error)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to cedric01

Weirdly, if this (edit: i should say ANY) process is called as a subprocess, the node will execute under the authority of whatever user was the initiator of the highest-level-parent process.  If that's still not it, then there might be something else you're missing - like the fact that the user would need Editor permissions on both the original document, as well as the destination folder.  And there are still probably some miscellaneous other constraints i'm not even thinking of at the moment.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Good catch Mike and thank you again !
    This error case has occured when this process has been called by a parent process.

Apparently this process probably has been developed in a main way (ex: Create Contract) as a parent process, and a new process (ex: Duplicate Contract) was created later calling the first process.

Very interesting...