Why my escalation email was sent twice on the first day?

I'm using escalations to send notification emails to managers every day until the task is completed. The first escalation email is sent correctly, but after 4 hours the system sends the second email. Thereafter the notification email is sent once a day, only the first day it's sent twice. Is that something with the time zone issue?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • First would be to update your Recurring Timer Escalation setting, you are giving it an input of date and time, however it is looking for a time only input such as "10:00 AM" - that is likely confusing things.

I'm not sure if you are looking to have the escalation continue daily at what time the task was initiated, vs at a set time every day - but we typically use a set time in the morning for escalations, which tends to provide more benefit than relying on task initiation time for recurring notices.  E.g. when a task is received at 5 PM each day, the user would then only be reminded as they are trying to leave work at 5, vs having the following reminders start in the morning at say, 9 or 10 AM.

Further more, we can utilize the Timer Conditions at the bottom of that configuration screen if needed, to determine which day it is in reference to the tp!starttime, and add some logic if needed.

• Thanks Chris for providing suggestions.

The settings used to work fine, it sent the escalation email every 24 hours after the task was assigned. The issue started happening this week and only the first day 2 emails will be sent.

I updated the time to 8 am. Hope the issue will go away tomorrow.

• Sure thing.  And that is odd regarding the 4 hour difference, as all of your logic was pointing to 24 hour differentials.  Have you confirmed in the process history that Appian is re-firing the escalation, vs an issue with your email server completing some type of re-attempt on the [successful] email?

• I confirmed in the process history that Appian is re-firing the second escalation 4 hours after the first one, then it will be back to 24 hours thereafter.

Reply Children
No Data