Issue with 22.3 - Smart Service Node default Data Inputs now have their "Save Into" targets disabled. Why??

Certified Lead Developer

As the subject line says, I've noticed recently that default in Data Input fields in different smart service nodes, the "Save Into" fields are now disabled, and this is not how the behavior worked in the past.

I'm creating this thread here today because I finally noticed a place in our system where this is a bit of a blocker.  There are nodes where this was configured in the past and is now not even changeable.

As you may be able to tell from the above screenshot, the "new process variable" control is NOT disabled here (but the output-selector dropdown arrow is, even though you can't tell visually).  Clicking on New PV allows you to save that input's value into that new PV, but then that output target is stuck and not changeable again (unless perhaps by adding a redundant new PV again).

This really seems like a bug - if this was an intentional change then I certainly don't remember seeing any announcement for it, or mention in any of the recent version release notes.

Is anyone out there on an earlier version, and can confirm whether or not this issue affects your current version?  My CE site is on 22.2 still (why that is, is another question for another day) and once it's done restarting I'll edit this post to add a note confirming either way.

Edit: as promised, I checked my 22.2 CE site and can confirm that the Save Into is quite enabled / openable:

To confirm, if needed: this behavior in both cases compares a Create User node placed directly into a brand new process model (plus I checked other smart service nodes with default Data Inputs and the behavior seems consistent with those as well).

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data