Error occurred while evaluating expression:rule!QueryandCovertToExportableCDT(pv!id) (Expression evaluation error in rule 'QueryandCovertToExportableCDT' at function a!queryEntity

There is a process which is used for exporting data to excel as shown below:

the process is breaking at script task where we are calling rule rule!QueryandCovertToExportableCDT(pv!id)

error- An error occurred while evaluating expression: rule!QueryandCovertToExportableCDT(pv!id) (Expression evaluation error in rule 'QueryandCovertToExportableCDT' at function a!queryEntity [line 2]: An error occurred while retrieving the data. Details: Unexpected error executing query (type: [ExportableCDT], query: [queryentity expression], order by: [[Sort[id asc]]], filters:[(id in TypedValue[it=101,v={1,2,3...2800}])])) (Data Outputs)

Investigation - As per my investigation it is failing in the the expression rule QueryandCovertToExportableCDT while passing rule input "id" which is of integer type array as it is not accepting more then 4000 character.

Can anyone help me with some input in order to resolve this issue.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Hi, and if you pass only a few ids i.e. {1,2,3,4,5} then it is working?

Edit: If yes check your batch size.

• The error message you're seeing in the expression designer is only a limitation of the test pane. If you create another test expression rule and pass in your data via the expression you should still be able to get this to work (or at least to see what the real error is). Did you check the tomcat-stdout logs? Usually when a database error like this occurs, there will be more information in the logs.

In addition, did you try any other troubleshooting? Like the other poster said, I'd suggest adding in a subset of the IDs to see if you can pinpoint how many IDs are causing the error or if there are specific IDs that have a problem.