Can't access output variable from user input task.

I'm using a basic form interface to gather some data for an order approval. All of the relevant data is being stored in a CDT entry, a rule input called newOrderInput. The interface is used as the form for a user input task, and I'm trying to configure it to output to a process variable for storage in my data entity. I'm attempting to access it using ac!newOrderInput but it gives me an error, saying variable is improperly scoped. What can I change to access the rule input? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Could it be that you configured the saveInto for that same variable on the data inputs tab as well? If yes, I suggest to remove the custom output and just use the configuration on the input tab.

The reason is, that all save operations, and that includes the saveIntos defined on the data input tab, will evaluate at the same time. This leads to a race condition.

Certified Lead Developer

Could it be that you configured the saveInto for that same variable on the data inputs tab as well? If yes, I suggest to remove the custom output and just use the configuration on the input tab.

The reason is, that all save operations, and that includes the saveIntos defined on the data input tab, will evaluate at the same time. This leads to a race condition.

Children
No Data