Insufficient time to complete activity - Query Database smart service & Stored Procedure

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

There is an issue i am facing with query databse smart service, Where i am executing a stored procedure which fetches data from multiple tables and insert same data to a table.

- It works if i execute the stored proc with same parameters by SSMS(SQL Server Management Studio)

- By Query Database Smart Service it sometimes gives me error - 

The amount of time allocated for the completion of an unattended activity was insufficient to allow the activity to complete.

attached screenshot for reference

Thanks 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • First, are you using a Query Database node to execute the procedure, vs the Execute Stored Procedure service?  Not that it cannot accomplish that, but based on your screen shot this is the case due to how the nodes appear:

How is the node configured in that case?  As far as I recall, to use the Query Database node to fire a procedure you have to use a 'trick' such as we used back in the day with Oracle with the procedure is placed in the WHERE clause:

SELECT 1 FROM DUAL WHERE dbo.your_stored_procedure(ac!inputs) IS NULL

Otherwise my suggestion was going to be, with the Execute Stored Procedure service, to ensure your Run Validation input is set to False, as when this is true it will perform type validation each time the procedure is called, which will slow things down greatly.

• First, are you using a Query Database node to execute the procedure, vs the Execute Stored Procedure service?  Not that it cannot accomplish that, but based on your screen shot this is the case due to how the nodes appear:

How is the node configured in that case?  As far as I recall, to use the Query Database node to fire a procedure you have to use a 'trick' such as we used back in the day with Oracle with the procedure is placed in the WHERE clause:

SELECT 1 FROM DUAL WHERE dbo.your_stored_procedure(ac!inputs) IS NULL

Otherwise my suggestion was going to be, with the Execute Stored Procedure service, to ensure your Run Validation input is set to False, as when this is true it will perform type validation each time the procedure is called, which will slow things down greatly.

Children