Despite Activity Chaining and refreshAfter, Grid does not refresh after record action

Certified Senior Developer

Hello, thanks for stopping by to help.

I have a common issue: A read-only grid isn't refreshing after the user performs one specific record action (all other record actions do refresh the grid). The process completes correctly, but the user is forced to refresh manually to see the generated data.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

First, I have set the read-only grid to refreshAfter: "RECORD_ACTION". The data queries a recordType, though I did also try using data from a local variable with the same refreshAfter settings to resolve this issue, but no luck.

Next, I have enabled activity chaining on all nodes on the relevant process model. For the record, the record action opens in a dialog box and just revolves around a simple form that the user has to fill out.

I am sorry if the screenshot is too small, but you may have made out the final subProcess node there. This is a synchronous subprocess, and it has the "Enable Activity Chaining into all initial nodes in the subprocess" option enabled. All nodes inside that subprocess are also all activity chained.

I have also tested this with all of the subprocess nodes being inside the main process; made no difference (as you would expect). I have also removed all lanes and re-drawn them in fear of accidentally having one hidden lane that is left un-chained; no luck either.

The problem is that the action completes (i.e. the "Action Completed" notification is displayed) before the process model has finished executing, which is normally the behavior I see when I forget to complete an activity chain. In fact, refreshing the grid manually immediately after the action completes shows only part of the generated data, and then refreshing again shows the full set of data. This clearly suggests that the process model is still at work after the action completes. Setting a refreshInterval fixed this issue, but that's not ideal in my mind.

Just to reiterate, the process model completes successfully (process instance shows a checkmark and there are no errors on any node) and all the data that is generated by the process model is correct, it's just that the grid is not refreshing automatically for THIS specific action. I have an almost identical process model set up for a remove action, and that one does refresh the grid immediately without issue.

I am at a complete loss at this point and fear that I must be missing something very basic here.I am at a complete loss

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Slight smile

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data