Why does "Edit Related Action" ask for a Process Model?

I'm adding a related action to my record type and it asks for a process model.

However, after hours of testing, the related action isn't even calling the process model.

Does anyone have any feedback?

Or, how do I get the process model to work?

James

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Here, we trade tips for details. Can you share a screenshot of the related action config? Is the process model published? What have you been testing?

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

A related action requires a process model, full stop.  At the end of the day, all a related action even is, is the invocation of a particular process model specifically to deal with a given instance of a record / in the context of a record entry. 

I'm not sure what you could possibly mean by "the related action isn't even calling the process model" - the only thing that would even come close to this scenario is if you had a related action configured with a Start Form, and you never actually end up submitting the start form, in which case an instance of the process model would never be started.  In all other cases, you're most definitely calling the configured process model, and if you don't think it is, then you're getting hung up somewhere else (some configuration issue, looking at the wrong process model, etc).

• thnx Mike,

It turned out that all of my groups were empty, therefore a pathway in the process model never executed.

I'm not sure why empty groups are not triggering an error in the process model, specifically use input tasks.

Be well,

j