CDT value is empty while calling a process model from Interface using Start Process

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

I am invoking a process model from Interface using start process in 'Submit' button.

Process model is being invoked while clicking on 'Submit' button, but CDT parameter is always appearing as null.

While testing the interface manually I am getting CDT values in process model. While invoking the interface from site CDT values are empty.

Please help on it and below are the screenshots for your reference.

Interface code:

a!columnLayout(
contents: {
a!buttonArrayLayout(
buttons: {
a!buttonWidget(
label: "Submit",
saveInto: a!startProcess(
processModel: cons!CU_Interview_Process_Model_Constant,
processParameters: {
Cu_Interview: ri!Cu_Interview,
test: " ABCD "
},
onSuccess: null,
onError: null
),
submit: true,
style: "PRIMARY"
)
},
align: "START"
)

Process Model:

Process Model Variables:

Process model is being invoked but CDT variable is empty. Modify Variable is not appearing for CDT .

While testing interface values are appearing in rule,

Just FYI, a!local variables has been used in starting of the expression

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Things look correct here in general, though there are some things you should double check:

1. make sure the latest version of your process model is saved & published.  for instance, if you only declared the RI in question as a parameter later-on, and that version hasn't been published yet, that would account for the behavior we're seeing.
    2. make sure the type of the Rule Input matches the type of the CDT in the process model.  I assume it does, here, but from your screenshots there's no way for me to absolutely verify the RI's type is correct.  Appian would still try to force-cast the data into the PV's type, but that would require field names to match exactly between the two conflicting data types.
    3. Triple check the spelling of your Process Paramter.  It's probably fine, because Appian seems to underline misspelled PV process parameters (even though they can't tell us what they are or let us autocomplete them), and I don't see that marked on yours, so i'm guessing it's fine - but you should still check.

Also, this doesn't make any difference whatsoever until/unless you actually declare and use some local variable(s)...

Just FYI, a!local variables has been used in starting of the expression
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks a lot for your Reply.

While trying to Submit from interface I am getting CDT values in process model.

I am not getting values while following the below process.

1) Created a empty interface.

2) Using Rule I am calling the actual interface from the empty interface.

3) Empty interface is configured in site.

4) When I move the cursor from one text box another value is disappearing on the UI.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks a lot for your Reply.

While trying to Submit from interface I am getting CDT values in process model.

I am not getting values while following the below process.

1) Created a empty interface.

2) Using Rule I am calling the actual interface from the empty interface.

3) Empty interface is configured in site.

4) When I move the cursor from one text box another value is disappearing on the UI.

Children
No Data