Process Model performance

Certified Associate Developer

Hello, I'm working right now on increase the performance of my project and I'm been searching what could I do, in the academy the suggestions are, to replace subprocess for Startprocess etc.

Well, I have a few question that I could testing but i want to hear if anyone has this answers.

1: in a process model, if I put 3 script task with diferent action, does anyone knows if its better to put all in 1 script or is the same? 

2: which is faster, put multiple nodes of smart service to Write no DSE or put 1 of Write to multipleDatastore?

3: I have seen multiple flows that do not need to wait for the previous node, is it viable to use the "AND" GATEWAY to execute multiple nodes at the same time and this shorten the time or has that affect the performance of the process?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The term "performance" is a tricky one. Processes in Appian are executed with horizontal scalability in mind. The speed of a single process instance as almost independent of the overall number of process instances Appian manages.

So, my rule is, to try to keep the number of nodes small be consolidating nodes. But this increases the complexity of these nodes which makes it harder to maintain.

In my experience the user-facing performance of an Appian application does not depend on the process models, but on an efficient way of managing data in user interfaces.

Certified Lead Developer

The term "performance" is a tricky one. Processes in Appian are executed with horizontal scalability in mind. The speed of a single process instance as almost independent of the overall number of process instances Appian manages.

So, my rule is, to try to keep the number of nodes small be consolidating nodes. But this increases the complexity of these nodes which makes it harder to maintain.

In my experience the user-facing performance of an Appian application does not depend on the process models, but on an efficient way of managing data in user interfaces.

Children
No Data