CDT Version Issue

Hi All,

I have updated a CDT and table by adding a new column and deployed those changes to PROD. Now I have couple of active process instance of each request in PROD which is using old CDT version and I need to fill new column with a specific value as per customer request.

Since we have " write to data store entity" smart service in active process instance, even though if i try to update backend table directly to update that specific column for each request, the column value changes to Null when process moves forward(Specifically after "Write to DS entity").

Please suggest an approach to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Vaishal,

First we cant have the updated CDT in the old instances

You can try this 

As you said you have backfill data for the  instances 

So for each instance

1.you can create a process variable of type newly created cdt 

2. Before writing to data store call a script task set the other details from the old CDT process variable  to the new cdt process variable along with new value in the new column

3. update the write to datastore with new process variable and save the edit 

Note: This solution is just to fix the instance to save appropriate data . if the data is to be forwarded in the parents process or another actions needed  than another fix needs to planned.  

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Vaishal,

First we cant have the updated CDT in the old instances

You can try this 

As you said you have backfill data for the  instances 

So for each instance

1.you can create a process variable of type newly created cdt 

2. Before writing to data store call a script task set the other details from the old CDT process variable  to the new cdt process variable along with new value in the new column

3. update the write to datastore with new process variable and save the edit 

Note: This solution is just to fix the instance to save appropriate data . if the data is to be forwarded in the parents process or another actions needed  than another fix needs to planned.  

Children
No Data