Multiple input or output parameters in a script task

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I have observed many a times that in a script task with multiple inputs or outputs, that have some complex operations like queries, each input/output of the script task is stored in certain pv!. During execution only few pv! hold values and rest remain null, but if I use two script tasks instead of one and split the work among both the script tasks it works as expected. What could be the issue, is there any limit on processing a script task?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    During execution only few pv! hold values and rest remain null

I've never experienced this.  My only guess is an issue rooted in what Peter already mentioned - there is no guaranteed or even inherent ordering in the execution of the inputs or the outputs (you should assume all inputs will execute simultaneously, and then all outputs will execute simultaneously).

As a matter of habit, I avoid doing *any* particular processing, expecially processing requiring any level of expressionable complexity, in Data Inputs - at least until Appian fixes the "collapsed down to a single line of code upon saving" issue, which I've been begging for years now to have them address, but thus far has never been addressed or even really acknowledged.

Certified Lead Developer
    During execution only few pv! hold values and rest remain null

I've never experienced this.  My only guess is an issue rooted in what Peter already mentioned - there is no guaranteed or even inherent ordering in the execution of the inputs or the outputs (you should assume all inputs will execute simultaneously, and then all outputs will execute simultaneously).

As a matter of habit, I avoid doing *any* particular processing, expecially processing requiring any level of expressionable complexity, in Data Inputs - at least until Appian fixes the "collapsed down to a single line of code upon saving" issue, which I've been begging for years now to have them address, but thus far has never been addressed or even really acknowledged.

Children
No Data