We are on Appian 7. (Cloud) We have a process model with several sub-

We are on Appian 7. (Cloud)

We have a process model with several sub-processes in it. Now, what happen is, for some process, the process would stuck at the Sub-process node. No error, nothing. If I go in that sub-process model in monitor mode, the process seem to be completed till the end node (blue line till the end). But somehow, the flow couldn't come out from the sub-process! I did restart the end node, whole subprocess, and start node in the sub-process. But same result. It won't just go out of the sub-process. Is there any reason why this would be happening?
Let me know if more clarification needed.
Thanks in the advance....

OriginalPostID-112196

OriginalPostID-112196

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • So this looks like you need a terminate event instead of an end event. So if there is more than one flow in the sub process and they reach the end event the sub process does not complete but waits for a terminate event. I have seen this happen when a node fails inside a Sub process and someone restarts it without killing the node which fails. To fix it firstly all you will need to do is open the running process in edit mode and change the end event to a terminate, save and close. Then open the map in monitor mode and restart the end event and this will then complete the process and continue the flow in the parent map.
  • So this looks like you need a terminate event instead of an end event. So if there is more than one flow in the sub process and they reach the end event the sub process does not complete but waits for a terminate event. I have seen this happen when a node fails inside a Sub process and someone restarts it without killing the node which fails. To fix it firstly all you will need to do is open the running process in edit mode and change the end event to a terminate, save and close. Then open the map in monitor mode and restart the end event and this will then complete the process and continue the flow in the parent map.
Children
No Data