When a child sub-process model is in active mode and failed then no email alert is received?

Hi Team,

I have a parent process model calling another process model using "Sub-Process" service. Here we have input as well as output data configured. If the child sub-process has any error in it, then the parent process model is in Active status at the sub-process node. We do not get any alert emails neither with regards to the parent process nor with child process model.

I have another parent process model calling another process model using "Sub-Process" service. Here we have only input data configured. If the child sub-process has any error in it, then the parent process model is in canceled by exception status at the sub-process node. We receive alerts stating that there is an error in task "child sub-process node name".

I concluded that if output data is configured and the child sub-process fails then the parent process model stays in active status and in such cases we don't get system default alert emails or any kind of alert mails stating that there has been a failure/error.

Is my understanding correct?

Is there any way to get the alert mails for the failed active status situation?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

In this situation, no default system alert emails or any kind of alert emails will be generated. 

By adding a Script Task which capture the failure after the "Sub-Process" service in the parent process model, you can handle any exceptions that occur in the child sub-process. You can configure send email service to send out alerts with details of the process instance.

Certified Associate Developer

In this situation, no default system alert emails or any kind of alert emails will be generated. 

By adding a Script Task which capture the failure after the "Sub-Process" service in the parent process model, you can handle any exceptions that occur in the child sub-process. You can configure send email service to send out alerts with details of the process instance.

Children
No Data