Implicitly convert map list to Record Type

Certified Senior Developer

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a generic save process which will take a map list as a parameter that will be converted to different types of record types for a write records MNI node (since I can't do 1 write records for different record types).

I want to know if there's a way to iterate through the map and convert it to it's appropriate record type. Better approaches are welcome if you believe this is an anti-pattern.

I want to centralise a few a!process saves through this process cause it seems like creating a save process for each screen is overkill.   

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

While I know that many try this, I do not like this approach. It adds overhead to process execution and does not help when you need to store items sequentially.

I just add more write record nodes and be happy about simplified debugging in the rare case something goes wrong.

I know that, as a developer in other programming languages, you spend most time in building levels of abstraction. Appian is already very abstract and trying to add more levels to it does typically not bring the benefit you are hoping for.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

While I know that many try this, I do not like this approach. It adds overhead to process execution and does not help when you need to store items sequentially.

I just add more write record nodes and be happy about simplified debugging in the rare case something goes wrong.

I know that, as a developer in other programming languages, you spend most time in building levels of abstraction. Appian is already very abstract and trying to add more levels to it does typically not bring the benefit you are hoping for.

Children