run a process model 24h/24 7 days/7 every weeks

Hi everyone,

I have to set up a process that is always run, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The process is based on receiving emails that are sent to the starting node, I don't know exactly when they are sent and above all the cadence of the process is random: even hundreds of emails per minute can be sent at the end of the day or at regular intervals.

How do you set the timer trigger for this case?

p.s: i don't have the license to integrate Appian with RPA

Thank you all.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

For the more general case, I suppose you could have a process run on a loop continually forever.  You could start it for debug one day, and it never reach its End Node for the duration of time you have it in Production.

That said, don't ever do that.  If you did, you'd have a process continually growing forever that would stay in your RAM.  You couldn't upgrade it, debug it, it would be next to impossible to investigate it after the process history grew for potentially years.  A process stores all versions of each process variable and history of everything it does, so any process that did much of anything could quickly swell to the size that it crashed your server if you let it keep doing things.

Start processes only as you need them, and close them and archive them as quickly as you can.  If there's a lot of waiting in a required step, make the waiting the space between two processes if you can.

• thanks sir for the reply, but i don't properly configure the start event node. Now i have another problem: User Does Not Have Rights to Perform this Operation to the first process node of my flow. I don't have this issue if i start the process by myself (of course, i'm the admin)... Do you know how to permit anonymous user to perform this operation?

Reply Children
No Data