run a process model 24h/24 7 days/7 every weeks

Hi everyone,

I have to set up a process that is always run, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The process is based on receiving emails that are sent to the starting node, I don't know exactly when they are sent and above all the cadence of the process is random: even hundreds of emails per minute can be sent at the end of the day or at regular intervals.

How do you set the timer trigger for this case?

p.s: i don't have the license to integrate Appian with RPA

Thank you all.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to albertob5031
    it seems that the user "anonimous" (which is that one that Appian identifies as the user that send the email) doesn't have the right permission to perform some operations like write do data store entity

Previously you'd just said "it doesn't work" - this is considerably different from "the process model is started but it fails on a particular node", because otherwise I was led to assume the email wasn't even causing the process to start.  To solve this issue, as Peter said already, you'll merely need to have those nodes execute as "designer".  Another common way to handle this (to avoid having to manually set a bunch of different nodes like this) is to have the email target a wrapper process, which shortly after it's started, calls your normal process as a subprocess (also under the "as designer" assignment).

Children
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Or the whole PM in a swimlane configured for all nodes inside it to "Run as whoever designed this Process Model".  That setting is key to getting lots of things to work in Appian, almost to the point of saying you should ALWAYS set it that way unless you have very good reason not to.

BTW, you'll want to make sure you import deployments on Production as someone with all the permissions ever, and who is configured by system admin and is not a real person, and won't ever leave, such as a "Process Designer" make-believe account.  If you make a real person the guy who installs everything, and he or she leaves, then when you deactivate that user suddenly you deactivate about everything your system does.  I was on a project where they did that by accident.  That was an interesting day.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis
    someone with all the permissions ever, and who is configured by system admin and is not a real person, and won't ever leave, such as a "Process Designer" make-believe account.

Luckily these days this is pretty easy to do with automated deployment, set up to use an Admin user who's dedicated as a Service Account.  5 or 6 years ago before they had any of these features, we had to do deployments as one of the developers, then run a process that looped through every process model and ran the "republish as user" node (for every PM requiring it) to republish them under an internal account.  In that case, we had a 100% PIV-card-login requirement by the customer's "security department", so we couldn't just login as a special user at import time.  Needless to say, it was very satisfying when I could finally set up that environment for automated imports under a service account.

• Thank you all guys, i'll check it later all your suggestions