Is there a way to start the process model while keeping the Start Form open

We have a unique user request that the user wants to submit change request to an approver group without having to close the interface and click another start process link in the read only grid. Currently the process model has a Process Start form that the user can edit changes. Here is the issue they want to send the changes to an approver group while keeping the interface page open to use a dropdown to select another entity and submit a request multiple times. Basically he users want to be able to submit change request and not have to keep going back in to the interface page from a link each time.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This user does not even need a start form - build them a specialized Site Tab with an interface containing the grid and utilizing links calling (as Stefan mentioned) a!startProcess(), in such a way that instances can be launched silently without the user needing to leave their current form.

• I agree so far that is the same the only issue is staring a User Task without closing the form. They don't want the person who made the request to make changes to have access to the User Task to approve the changes. Appian only has User Tasks as a Process Model Smart service, so i can't call it in the Interface page.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to John Camacho

So... I think you're confusing a few different things together here.

On a Site page, you would have User A view a grid / some sort of list of items that need parsing / launching (whatever you need, really).  The user can view individual items and even enter cursory introductory data, then click something that connects to a!startProcess(), passing in the item in question (as well as any initial data that may have been entered by User A) - that starts a brand new process, asynchronously and in the background, where you would launch a task and assign it to whoever you want (usually a group containing various different folks who can pick it up from their queues).

There is absolutely no implication here of the original user "having access to the approval task" as you say - so this design pattern should fit your use case perfectly unless I'm majorly missing something here.

• Mike,

Doing that causes the tempo site to pop-up since there is no start form interface tied to the 2nd process model.

Reply Children