Remove comma between digits of a number (123,456; 345,789)

I am querying data and getting all the desired data  from DB.

And Ids are one of them.
Now I need to move these data from expression rule to process model after doing required changes in the rule.

These Ids are like {123456, 345789, 567890, 120078}.

I stored them in map like map(id: {123456, 345789, 567890,120078}).

But when I am trying to extract these Ids from the map using indexing  and use with a process varible, which is an integer type with multiple checked, to store data, it is storing like {123,456; 345,789; 567,890; 120,078}. 

Kindly help me to get my Ids as they are without these unnecessary commas

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

That is just the matter of visual representation in Appian. Your values are fine. And when you display values to the user, you can use the text() function to create your visual representation as required.

• Hi Stefan, I really appreciate your answer.

Actually I need to query data from another table using queryRecordType().

And these Ids are used as filter values.

Because of these comma, system is treating these numbers as 3 digit numbers instead of 6 digit number. So I am not getting  desired data from the table. So I need these Ids in their original condition

I hope you get the issue now.

Kidnly assist me.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rajesh0001

Where do you get these IDs from and what data type is that?

The issue here is that I just have no idea what you are doing. It could be that you somewhere turn some numerical values into a list of strings or a single string.

To be able to identify the issue, I need more details.

When re-reading your sentence

But when I am trying to extract these Ids from the map using indexing and use with a process varible, which is an integer type with multiple checked, to store data, it is storing like {123,456; 345,789; 567,890; 120,078}.

A PV of type list of integer is good. The visual representation is also good. This is just the way Appian visualises numbers in process monitoring.

So my question is. Do you observe any actual issue? Or do you only wonder about the visual presentation of these number?

• Yes, it is creating  an actual issue.
    As I have mentioned that these are Ids . 

For example the Id is 123456, and I want to  pass this Id to the value parameter of a  queryfilter in  queryRecordType(),which is present in the script task of a sub process model. 

The issue is because of this comma, system is treating it as two number i.e 123 and 456. But the actual number is 123456. So I am not getting the actual data.

I hope now it makes sense. 

Please assist me 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rajesh0001

Yes and no. My screenshot shows a list of integers. Same as you have. So you must be doing something to that list of integers somewhere.

Is that queyrRecordType inside an expression? Can you share the code, including the type definitions of the rule inputs?

• My apologies, I can't share the screenshot of the code. 

Yes, I am doing some operations in an expression rule and then finalizing the Ids for futher use.
    Then storing all the desired results in map which contains multiple keys which refer to different type of values like CDT, list of number integer etc.
    Then in process model I am using a process variable whic is a map type and parameterized.

Then I am indexing this Map type PV to get the Ids and storying them in another PV which is a number integer type with multiple check box is ticked.

Is that queyrRecordType inside an expression? - YES , the rule input is list of number integer type 

I hope, everything is clear now. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rajesh0001

Clear, yes. Can I help you further, sorry, no.

From my perspective, there is some spot in your apparatus that turns this list of integers into a text. And that leads to your issue. And that is what you need to investigate and solve.

• Ok, thanks for the guidance. I will investigate according to your advice.

Reply Children
No Data