Task with Status Submitted

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

we have a process with 2 tasks. When the first task has been completed, there is a subprocess that elaborate different script and, simultaneously, second task has been opened in chaining. Second task is used to preverse chaining in the process, meanwhile the activities of subprocess are on working. Until the subprocess has not been completed, if user click on submit button, task has been generated, This is simple example:

Sometimes, after completed the second task (without subprocess completed), system regenerate the task with SUBMITTED Status and user cannot retrieve it in the task list.

Do you encounter this problem? Is there a way to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Juri Monti

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    system regenerate the task with SUBMITTED Status

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike,

I have no graphic example, but, after task has been completed the first time (for example) and workflow return on it, we expected that the second instance of the same task  is in ACCEPTED Status (for chaining enable), but, sometimes, appears SUBMITTED and assignment is empty. 

In task report, it's no possible to show tasks in that status. So, user lose it and we have to cancel the instance and restart the node. In this way, user can complete it, but we have to find a solution once for all.

Thanks

Regards,

Juri Monti

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jurim0992

If you're saying the user submits the "waiting" task and it should be chaining back on itself (subprocess not done yet etc), and - what, it's dropping them back to their task list / site / etc?  I'm still a little unclear what you're saying is happening from the user perspective. 

I have a similar "waiting on completion" looping-task construct in a few of my processes and I've never been able to break it, even while rapidly spamming the "re-try" button in the task.  If you have a screenshot or something of the particular issue you're ending up with, that might help.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike,

sorry for the delay of my answer, but i'm waiting for a real case. It happens few hours ago.

This is the screen of the task:

If  I click on the user input task, there are 2 instances:

'Completato' is Completed, while 'Assegnata' is Assigned. However, if I select 'Assigned' instance and choose Assignment tab, it appears:

In the interface use cannot select the button of submit for 30 seconds, but after do it, he lost the task

However, task is chaining and also the pv of assignment is populated.

I hope that this can give you more details.

Thanks.

Regards,

Juri Monti

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jurim0992
    but after do it, he lost the task

Are you saying the user submits the task but chaining does not successfully take them back to it?  As I mentioned before, this would be very unusual, because chaining takes assignment precedence in almost all situations I know of unless you've specifically disabled it in the properties of the activity flow lines.

Also: is the node's default "assignment" configuration set to be something very unusual?  Are you able to reproduce this behavior if you create a new process model with simplified assignment configurations and a similar looping task?