Timer event

Hi Team,

I have a few doubts in start node triggers. My requirement is to trigger a process model when certain conditions are met. So, what we are doing is we created a interface for users to schedule the process when to occur. we storing the date & time in separate constants.

Try 1: then in the process model start node trigger we added a time recurrence to daily and it's time to value from the time constant = pm!timezone and checking whether the date constant is today or not in timer conditions (advanced options) and delay to 0 mins. each time after the trigger the process model will update the date constant to future date. Issue: working for the first time only(while publishing) after the constant update its not working.

Try 2: 
process model will trigger daily at 00:00 , a xor to check whether its today or not, and a script task with scheduler (delay until the datetime mentioned in the constant). Issue: if the user sets the schedule to 06:00 but trigger starts at 00:00 and waits until 06:00 consuming memory as active instance. such that  we have 5 process in terms of memory and performance I think it is not the best solution.

I need some better solution or suggestions for this case. and I would also like to know in which order these options will occur 1. delay, 2. time recurrence, 3. timer conditions.  I searched in appian documentation giving different statements. I don't know which one is true. Help me with these.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible