Way to store task status in DB after user accepts it

I am looking for a way to store the task status Accepted in database as soon as user accepts the user input task assigned to him.

We are not using database tasks and every assignment is done using out of the box Appian. How to achieve this using inbuilt appian Accept button on user input task?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Not. As of now, there is no real way to do that. But, what are you trying to achieve?

• We have a requirement where client needs task history table for audit purposes, like which tasks were created, actioned upon and their statuses for a particular business case.

With database tasks it could be easier to track everything, now, few things are stuck like when a task was accepted, when it was reassigned, we are not able to store those details because of only Oout of the box is used.

Other way I was thinking providing a little bit of upgrade. Besides using Appian default accept and reassign, I can use custom created.

But, here, as well, a small issue. That default accept banner is not going away even if I want to provide a custom accept button rather than default. Reassign is fine because we can hide that.

By, any chance, at least any way to hide that default accept banner so that we can move to custom Accept button?

• We have a requirement where client needs task history table for audit purposes, like which tasks were created, actioned upon and their statuses for a particular business case.

With database tasks it could be easier to track everything, now, few things are stuck like when a task was accepted, when it was reassigned, we are not able to store those details because of only Oout of the box is used.

Other way I was thinking providing a little bit of upgrade. Besides using Appian default accept and reassign, I can use custom created.

But, here, as well, a small issue. That default accept banner is not going away even if I want to provide a custom accept button rather than default. Reassign is fine because we can hide that.

By, any chance, at least any way to hide that default accept banner so that we can move to custom Accept button?

Children