"The Task Could Not Be Submitted" error when using a!startProcessLink from within a Task

Certified Associate Developer

I'm encountering an intermittent issue when using a!startProcessLink within a a!richTextItem in a task. The process model being called is fully chained from Start to End and works fine when called from a Record as a Record Action. But in this case where I am calling from a Task, once the process ends, I sometimes get the error message: "The Task Could Not Be Submitted. The task has already been submitted." This occurs sporadically. Any insights into why this might be happening and how it can be resolved?

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Looks like the initial task from where you launched the startProcessLink has been completed (either by another user or perhaps by the process initiated by the startProcessLink).

Hard to resolve without knowing a little more about how this is designed.

in reply to Mathieu Drouin

The original task itself is accessible only to the current user, and that user is redirected to the new task within the process called from startProcessLink.

When user hits submit in the child process's task, the child process flows into End node and the user gets redirected back to the original task. This is working fine say, 8 out of 10 times. But occasionally the 'Task cannot be submitted as it is already completed' error appears. Even when this error is thrown, the task is not really completed and it is available in My Tasks for user to pickup and complete. So, the issue really is the annoying incorrect error message appearing out of seemingly nowhere and breaking the UX flow.

in reply to Mathieu Drouin

The original task itself is accessible only to the current user, and that user is redirected to the new task within the process called from startProcessLink.

When user hits submit in the child process's task, the child process flows into End node and the user gets redirected back to the original task. This is working fine say, 8 out of 10 times. But occasionally the 'Task cannot be submitted as it is already completed' error appears. Even when this error is thrown, the task is not really completed and it is available in My Tasks for user to pickup and complete. So, the issue really is the annoying incorrect error message appearing out of seemingly nowhere and breaking the UX flow.

Children