Initiation of process based on database update; I am trying to deter

Initiation of process based on database update;

I am trying to determine the best approach; currently I was planning on scheduling the Appian process and adding the query database smart service as the first node. (Any other feedback on Best Practices)

- Question, if querying db, There are more than one record returned, in which you want a distinct process per record - Is there a good method to instantiate process instances based on this collection? Or should this be handled in the db statement to only get (1) record at a time.

Any thoughts/ ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help

Brian

OriginalPostID-119588

OriginalPostID-119588

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In such cases I start one process for each result by sending a message containing the data to a process model start node. This way the started processes get distributed on all available exec engines. Sub processes run always on the same engine as the parent process.

It might be possible to add a trigger to the INSERT command in the DBMS which then starts a process in Appian via webservices.
  • In such cases I start one process for each result by sending a message containing the data to a process model start node. This way the started processes get distributed on all available exec engines. Sub processes run always on the same engine as the parent process.

It might be possible to add a trigger to the INSERT command in the DBMS which then starts a process in Appian via webservices.
Children
No Data