Create process model to create a record type "Order" and multiple record types "Product Variation"

Hello everyone. I am new in Appian and am trying to build a web app "Canteen" as part of my learning path.

Couldn't find anything in other posts as I don't know how to search it.

So my issue is the following...

I have a Canteen Menu where each user can select products to add in the cart. On the interface I build a list of

product variations (with a tempId in order to update something since I haven't saved anything on DB). When I press

the "Place Order" button, I want to create a new "Order" with some fields and then get the ID of the created record.

Then I will use the orderId and create the related "Product Variations" from the selected products list.

How can I do this in the process model?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • You can't delete it. Let's leave it as it is or maybe you can edit it to make it clear that is a duplicate thread, created by mistake. 

Answering your question, you can either save the ID of the newly created record from the output tab of the write records smart service and then map it manually in the child records as shown below in the image. 

Or you can simply configure the Order record to also write the Product Variation. I have written a blog on the same that is coming out tomorrow. That should give you better understand of it. 

Children